PDA

View Full Version : How to get hitched

Ralph
12-29-2010, 09:23 PM
Yesterday, under torrential rain on the Trinity, Teal (our little girl) and JP Basile caught 3 chromers and 2 browns on Copper Johns. JP caught Teal with a shiny diamond.

David Lee
12-29-2010, 09:52 PM
Congratulations !!

D.~

El Rey
12-29-2010, 10:07 PM
Wow, that's one for the books. Did that sparkler attract the fish? Congrats to all.

"A family that fishes together.......etc."

Best wishes,

El Rey

Mr T
12-30-2010, 08:10 AM
Fantastic fishing and the ring is a nice touch.

Hope the wife doesn't see that pic of the box, she'll think that's where my fishing money went..

Jimmie
12-30-2010, 09:57 AM
Ralph,

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Jimmie in Chicago Park

k.hanley
12-30-2010, 10:02 AM
N-i-c-e post here proud Papa...I wish Teal & JP nothing but the best!
Cheers, Kenny

Scott V
12-30-2010, 02:20 PM
Huzzah!!!!

OceanSunfish
12-30-2010, 10:53 PM
Congratulations!

If I'm not mistaken, it wasn't long ago you put a picture up of your daughter driving your jet sled when she was a young'n.... Grow up fast...

I wish more kids were exposed to 'life' in Northern California like your daughter.... then maybe more people would care about our natural resources being sold-out from under us.

And, I could have put the 'ring' I presented to my wife in a fly box too. Afterall, she did fish with me on a number of ocasions.... But, I wouldn't have heard the 'end of it'.......

Ralph
12-31-2010, 10:27 AM
They do grow up fast! It is never too early to take your kids camping, fishing, hiking . . . anything that makes a connection to the outdoors. For some people it sticks and for others it doesn't - to each his own. We were lucky to have a couple of tomboys who would rather be on mountain bikes or floating a river that hanging out at the mall.

OceanSunfish
12-31-2010, 03:14 PM
Yes. With your suggestions from a previous thread, I'm already planning on taking a bunch of kids and their parents to see the Kokanee spawn in the Little Truckee next fall. The hike along the river and fall colors will add to the allure of the trip.

I took the same group to the Nimbus Hatchery that past November to see the salmon in the ladder and feed some 'raceway' fish. Everyone enjoyed themselves and some have returned on their own shortly thereafter..... However, I was only able to slightly educate them as to why the fish were there, etc. We're taking 'baby steps' here and it's a start......

As for "being fortunate to have tom-boys", I'm not sure it's luck.... I think most young girls would enjoy having access to what your daughters had and still have..... I see many young children turned into shopping companions at the mall because that's what "mom" does..... Worse, I know 'mommies' who actually sit down at watch TV shows like "Gossip Girl" with their 10 to 12 years old daughters.... It's really sad.

Dan LeCount
01-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Congratulations JP and Teal! and to the whole Cutter clan as well!