PDA

View Full Version : Oxbow??

DFrink
12-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Anyone ever fish Oxbow from a tube or toon? I am hoping to get out on the water next week (been way to long). I'm either going to try my luck at a lake close to home (that killed me with risers and no bites a few months back) or was thinking about giving Oxbow a shot. Any advise would be appreciated, PM's always welcome.

Dan

Scott V
12-28-2010, 04:46 PM
Go deep with what I normally throw, you know my flies. There are some monster squaws in there that will bend a 5 weight in half. There are also some big browns.

Jimmie
12-28-2010, 06:36 PM
Hey Dan,

Have you tried Sugar Pine or Big Reservoir... Just a few miles from Colfax..:)

DFrink
12-29-2010, 07:42 AM
Finally picked up a Type III for Christmas, so I'm going to have to get it wet! I've tied up a bunch of your secret flies, and they're begging to get used! Speaking of flies anyone ever use the seal bugger, and do you feel it's productive? I'm hoping to tie some up before next week.

Dan

Go deep with what I normally throw, you know my flies. There are some monster squaws in there that will bend a 5 weight in half. There are also some big browns.

DFrink
12-29-2010, 07:43 AM
Jimmie,

Have not fished Sugar Pine from the tube, I heard it's been real slow the last year from not being stocked so I'm waiting till I hear it picks up some. I have never been to Big Res., heard it can be good though. You have to pay to play there don't you?

Dan

Hey Dan,

Have you tried Sugar Pine or Big Reservoir... Just a few miles from Colfax..:)