PDA

View Full Version : January Rental/House Sitting Inquiry - Help Appreciated

AftonAngler
12-28-2010, 09:37 AM
Howdy Folks

Your Wisco Musky Pal the Afton Angler here on the West Coast again. Glad to be back!

I'm putting a shout out to the fly fishing community for some help in locating a short term living arrangement for January 2011.

I'm interested in anything available around the Sacramento Area - within an hour or so...rental, house sitting or whatever. I have a girlfriend and two dogs. We are looking for any space that we can find for the month of January.

Any thoughts or leads would be greatly appreciated!

Email me - bradbohen@gmail.com or leave a PM on this board if you have anything or anyone to contact.

Thanks a ton!!

Your Pal

Brad aka Afton Angler

Hogan Brown
12-28-2010, 10:54 AM
check out around the Sac State area of Sac for student month to month rentals or come north to Chico. There are always month to month rentals in chico available. About an 1.5 hours to sac though. Good luck and cool website.

Woodman
12-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Good idea Hogan. I think Sac State is out of session until end of January, so probably some vacancies.

AftonAngler
12-28-2010, 03:40 PM
Hey thanks for the leads(and comment on the web site).

Keep the creative juices flowing!

:)

caniretireyet?
12-28-2010, 08:26 PM
Its a tough find with the two dogs. You might try a website I heard of recently, which I think is airbnb.com. Its supposed to have what you're looking for. I'd offer you my motorhome in Mountain Ranch, but you'd end up getting a bit moldy in January.

Steve

Woodman
12-28-2010, 09:53 PM
By the way, if anyone has any house sitting jobs on the Madison or Missouri Rivers in July, August or September, I'd do it pretty cheap. Price will be somewhat higher for other Montana rivers. :D

AftonAngler
12-29-2010, 10:19 AM
It would be really cool the have a house sitting circuit that took one across the fishy landscape...key west, cape cod, great lakes, intermountain west, pacnorwest, down the coast, baja...

Maybe I need to work on that!

Hey, I got a suggestion to look into houseboats on the river...anyone know any leads for that? Commercial rentals are way too pricey for our budget for a month. But if anyone knows of a private party that has one docked and would be willing to rent would be near perfect.

Let me know...

Thanks

BB