PDA

View Full Version : North, North Coast

BobVP
12-24-2010, 09:58 AM
For those coming to fish the northern rivers on the Mendocino coast thsi winter (that is: Below the SF Eel and above the Garcia....) there are some great place to eat in Fort Bragg.

Best "adult" pizza (thin crust, light but fulfilling toppings, unusual combination of toppings) and great beer selection: Piaci's. On the only block of West Redwood Avenue, right in the middle of downtown. Wonderful spinach salads as well.

V'Canto on Laurel Street (one block north of Redwood and East on Laurel) has a wonderful beer selection and wine as well. Food is a little more upscale but worth it. Friendly folks....you could easily go in there and get a cribbage game started as well as watch the latest sports scores (my favorite place during the baseball season)

Breakfast can be had at several places, my favorite being the Homestyle Cafe (the A-Frame building just north of the Noyo bridge). Extensive menu! Good coffee and well prepared food.

There are several very good Mexican restaurants right in town. The one I prefer is Los Gallitos in the little "shopping center" near the corner of Oak and Main.

Lots of places to stay and eat here....No, I am not affiliated with any of these places, other than the folks that run them are casual friend and locals folks. There are another dozen places to eat in town.....