This is the most powerful Nipper made and is produced in the USA @ $50.00

http://www.abelreels.com/pages/future-projects.htm

Jed Peters
12-26-2010, 10:21 AM
Damn you Bill. Damn you.

(I'll be there today to get one....)

Darian
12-26-2010, 01:35 PM
As cool as those things look, They're a bit too expensive for me. I'd be so PO'd if I dropped one of 'em over the side on a fishing trip....

Ed Wahl
12-26-2010, 06:37 PM
AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously?

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

Really?

There's a nipper out there that costs fifty bucks?

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

And people buy these things?

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

As consumers, flyfishermen are our own worst enemies.

This one really does take the cake.

Fifty bucks for a nipper.

I've got to digest this one for a bit.

Bill, you should put one these things in a shadowbox display in your shop. There's definitely a statement being made with this product, although I don't think it's a good one.

Ed Wahl
12-26-2010, 06:47 PM
This is the most powerful Nipper made and is produced in the USA @ $50.00

http://www.abelreels.com/pages/future-projects.htm

I just couldn't stop.

So, the most powerful nipper made huh?

Just how far away from your line can you be to still nip it? 50, 100, 200 yards?

A mile?

The next time zone?

Another continent?

If I had to change tippets on the moon and I was still here at home, could I just work these most magnificent nippers in my living room and be ready for the biggest of moon fish?

Anyone else got some?
Cmon folks this is some overripe low hanging fruit here. Possibly the epitome of fly fishing excess.
Don't let me down people, let's here some other thoughts on fifty dollar nippers.

Ed

Fats
12-26-2010, 07:34 PM
Kind of pricey for me... but I'm not sure I'd knock someone if they wanted to get them. I've got a soft spot for things that are very well made... still, $50!

I do agree with you that I'd be pissed off if I dropped them overboard from a boat.

huntindog
12-26-2010, 07:56 PM
These still work just fine...cost 99 cents

Jed Peters
12-26-2010, 08:15 PM
I'm a sucker for shit that costs way too much and does way too little.

Frank Alessio
12-26-2010, 08:59 PM
Wow ED have another cup of Cofffeeeee.... Happy New Year......Frank

Cmcculloch
12-26-2010, 11:37 PM
Maybe we should nip this thread in the bud.

BillB
12-27-2010, 09:23 AM
Yep, just keep laughing, what you don't know is that those clippers double as mini jaws of life! You won't be laughing if you're someday pinned in your tube and can't cut your way out!

Dustin Revel
01-01-2011, 03:23 PM
10% of fly fishermen buy 90% of the useless fly fishing garbage (and no they are not more useful than a pair of nail clippers unless these nippers really can cut moon tippet while pursuing moon fish from your living room).

Another overpriced Abel product! I think abel's strategy is to just make pretty things that are expensive so people think they work well... not the case

Darrin.Deel
01-01-2011, 04:04 PM
http://www.google.com.mx/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/BassPro/53158_is&sa=X&ei=zLIfTaz8HY_6sAOxxcGaCg&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGDLWyNNdLXUvBRPUU0ilJmbI75Jw

Tie-fast Magnum Clippers

Dustin Revel
01-01-2011, 07:19 PM
Just curious... has anybody worn out a pair of nippers? if so how many years did it take? and how much did they cost?
Personally I have broke one set of nippers in a nasty fall, but other than that I have never worn out a pair of nippers. I don't think functionality the limits the lifespan of a pair of nippers. I definately lose nippers far before they are ever worn out, and that is probably true for most fishermen.

In my opinion this product represents everything that is wrong with the industry. a fancy pair of nippers will never help you catch a fish.

Fats
01-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Just curious... has anybody worn out a pair of nippers? if so how many years did it take? and how much did they cost?
Personally I have broke one set of nippers in a nasty fall, but other than that I have never worn out a pair of nippers. I don't think functionality the limits the lifespan of a pair of nippers. I definately lose nippers far before they are ever worn out, and that is probably true for most fishermen.

In my opinion this product represents everything that is wrong with the industry. a fancy pair of nippers will never help you catch a fish.

Yeah, I have worn out nippers... I've had nippers get pushed out of alignment and not cut very well. I've had nippers get grooved as well... They got used all the time and were abused. It was a specific set of conditions that it would be difficult to reproduce for the typical angler or guide, but it is possible. These were the Orvis nippers (standard Orvis nippers, nothing fancy)

Scott V
01-02-2011, 11:15 AM
I wore out a pair of Fishpond nippers in about 1.5 years. Funny thing is they do not sell replacement blades even though the blades are help on to the clipper with screws.