PDA

View Full Version : Cross post from Blanton Board

Woodman
12-21-2010, 04:28 PM
I know many of you probably also follow Dan Blanton's Board, but for those who don't, or who missed this, see below. This is one of the funniest things I have read in a while...

Posted by happy on 2010-12-16 16:10:43
I have just been trying to organize your "fly fishing" paraphernalia, and I want to say one thing. For the rest of our marriage, you can never,ever, ever say I have spent too much money or wasted money on something because you buddy are out of control. You are like an alcoholic on chicken feathers and buck skins. There are hundreds of packages of chenille and fox and rabbit fur that are still in the package sent from the fly shop unopened! You have boxes and bags of hooks and line which are unopened. You have thousands of dollars worth of fishing equipment, fly fishing and rod and reel equipment that have never been used. You are like a crack addict and your drug is fly fishing. You truly have a problem. No man, not even a man lucky enough to fish every single day for the rest of his life(and I mean a really long life), can use all the flies and fly tying paraphernalia you have. Did you really think that all that CRAP would fit in one cabinet. You had super glue up there butt load, but you bought more yesterday because you are an unorganized shop alcoholic. You must stop! You are OUT OF CONTROL! No more boxes and envelopes twice a week from the fly shops. This must stop.

I say this because I love you.

And we are in a recession

Hector Lopez
12-21-2010, 09:14 PM
Man that sounds like my wife! I hope there is cure for the disease of needing all the good stuff that fly fishing has to offer.:-({|= Until then we must shop on!!!

Woodman
12-21-2010, 09:23 PM
apparently, although I was in remission for several years. Problem is when I started fishing a lot again, there was lots of new stuff to need.

Richard Wright
12-21-2010, 10:00 PM
What our significant others fail to realize is that our fishing addiction not only occurs on the water, but in our dreams, at the fly tying bench. I often tell others that the biggest fish I've ever caught was at the vise.

I love to plan fishing trips. I get half of the enjoyment of a trip actually doing the trip. The other half of the enjoyment occurs getting ready for that said trip.

Which reminds me: Jay, send me your new DVD on tying the White Knight and tack that on to what I owe you for my May Baja trip.

JOHNT
12-22-2010, 01:58 PM
What wives need to understand , and I related this to a wife in a fly shop that I worked at :

Wives look at this all wrong.(that got her attention!) Husbands could spend all that money in places that could result in them bringing home something that could be VERY bad for the wives health ! They will bring home nothing from a fly that will harm them (except maybe in the checkbook) at all.... She smiled and replied, " I never thought of it that way :rolleyes::rolleyes:. Great line of bull%##@*! but it does have some validity !!

Dan Harrison
12-23-2010, 12:47 PM
That is so funny, that is exactly what my wife must be thinking. I have so much crap and the funny thing is the less I get out and fish the more I buy and tie. Since my Son was born and the reduced time on the water I have been fly tying and buying like crazy. Way too many flies than I could ever use, maybe I will just save them up for retirement. :D

Lance Gray
12-23-2010, 01:12 PM
She can care less how much money I spend, she knows at all times were I am at. I either go fishing with guest or friends or at my tying desk. Tying like a mad man. In fact she wants me get more equipment. The only thing she ask is for me to keep an inventory of what I have and how much it is worth. She says it for insurance I beleive her!:D

One fantastic Lady!!!!

Lance Gray
530-517-2204
http://www.lancegrayandcompany.com