PDA

View Full Version : Beefing up fly tying @ Kiene's Fly Shop

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-19-2010, 10:14 AM
After Christmas in Jan/Feb/March/etc we will be working on our fly tying department to get more of the new stuff in here.

I will be posting on here for some help with "What is new and hot?"

Right now, thank God, we are very busy with Christmas at the shop.

We might also start a suggestion list @ the shop of materials you would like to see @ Kiene's.

Thanks

Mr T
12-19-2010, 03:05 PM
Thanks for te update Bill.

With that said you have one heck of a selection already. I'm not sure what else you guys need to have on hand?

Jay
12-19-2010, 03:49 PM
Thanks for te update Bill.

With that said you have one heck of a selection already. I'm not sure what else you guys need to have on hand?

Unicorn Mane ? :D

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-19-2010, 04:43 PM
There is lots of new stuf every year....

Bob Scheidt
12-21-2010, 05:53 PM
Whiting has a new line of dry fly rooster capes, called High and Dry. I just got a barred dark ginger. These are priced alot lower than their bronze grade. This cape is great, and not just for the money. This is a really good cape.

Hector Lopez
12-21-2010, 09:10 PM
A few weeks ago when I took the Parachute tying class you were very low on hair stacker in small size. I was able to buy an expensive Renzetti stacker but it would have been nice to have had a choice in prices to choose from. You had one left and I was able to afford it but if you had a large class I think you should stock up on the tools being used. Otherwise I believe as far as materials you have loads to choose from. Thanks for having great classes and supplies.:nod:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-22-2010, 09:53 AM
Whiting has a new line of dry fly rooster capes, called High and Dry. I just got a barred dark ginger. These are priced alot lower than their bronze grade. This cape is great, and not just for the money. This is a really good cape.

Thanks Bob..........

Jgoding
12-22-2010, 10:06 AM
Bill,

I'll stop by after I get back from Texas in January and talk some fly tying. I've been slacking too much with with hunting and fishing and not doing enough tying but I still do look around and see what new items are coming out and I'm always trying out new tools etc... to see what I like. I'd love to sit down for a day and do some tying on caddis patterns for the American etc.... Maybe David can join me!