PDA

View Full Version : New 2011 Redington Delta fly reels are @ Kiene's

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-17-2010, 10:26 AM
We just got in our first shipment of new 2011 Redington 'Delta' fly reels.

They are very light and have a good cork/Teflon drag and stainless steel Kolo one -way clutch bearing from Japan.

Priced from $199 to $259 they are a very competitive series of fly reels.

Anodize color: Smoke

http://www.redington.com/prod.php?k=46435&p=RDT5-5503R56&u=Delta

Jimmie
12-17-2010, 05:15 PM
Question for you Bill,

I have a Reddington CD 7/8 and a CD5/6. Apparently they no longer make them. Are any of the spools of the current Reddington reels compatible?

Thanks in Advance,

Jimmie

Hairstacker
12-17-2010, 05:33 PM
Jimmie, I thought I'd read in the past that the Battenkill Mid Arbor reel spools will fit the Redington CD series. Maybe Bill can confirm.

Anytime I buy a spare spool, though, I try to bring the reel in with me just to make sure there aren't slight machining variances that can cause a spool to rub. I encountered that once when I bought a spare spool for a reel it was manufactured for.

Jimmie
12-17-2010, 05:47 PM
Mike,

Thanks for the info. I will look into it.

Jimmie

Darian
12-17-2010, 05:54 PM
It seems that the only observable, physical change to the Delta Reel are the buttons that are used to release the spool and the outside body of the center post. The Delta post is modified. I'm not sure whether that modification makes it impossible to use a CD spool on the Delta or vice versa but it's worth a look see.... 8)

jbird
12-17-2010, 08:07 PM
I called redington some time ago about compatible spools for the CD. Nothing fits them. There are still some online shops with them in stock but not many. Keep your eyes on ebay or craigslist. If they show up, snatch them.

The Delta reel looks really nice! I do like redington reels, you get a lot for your money. Problem is they are always discontinuing when they produce a new model. The Brakewater was replaced by the CDL and now it looks like this Delta has replaced the CDL.

BillB
12-17-2010, 08:10 PM
I hear ya! I'm looking for a CDL 7/8 spool for my brother. Haven't had much luck as of yet.