PDA

View Full Version : End of Season Pic

Notch
12-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Matt Johnson and I explored a valley creek near the end of trout season and found some willing fish. We decided to suit up against the cold water and floated a mile or so with our gear, fishing the good stuff. Here's a shot of Matt with a nice wild bow'...

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b152/jnotcher/IMGP0822-1.jpg

aaron
12-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Gives new meaning to 'commando' fisherman. Pretty fish.

Ed Wahl
12-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Geez Leweez, you guys do take the cake. While us woosies and wimps are worrying about prams, float tubes, toons, rafts, and poison oak you two tough sonsabitches just put on dry suits and go for it.
Shig, are you paying attention?

You're way out of my league and I salute the both of you.

I guess in order to top that I've got to do it nekkid?

Don't think I won't.

Think I'll wait til summer though.

Again, hats off guys. Go get 'em.

Ed

caniretireyet?
12-11-2010, 11:01 PM
To hell with the fly rod: next year, I'm noodling my trout!

Impressive!
Steve

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-12-2010, 08:36 AM
When I was very young I used a mask and snorkel on the south fork of the Yuba River to watch the trout in a big pool.

I drifted a crayfish tail right into them with a spinning rod.....I guess it was illegal?

SHigSpeed
12-12-2010, 09:24 AM
When I was very young I used a mask and snorkel on the south fork of the Yuba River to watch the trout in a big pool.

I drifted a crayfish tail right into them with a spinning rod.....I guess it was illegal?

Heh... As a kid we'd take snorkeling gear and grab bags of crawdads at the Nimbus basin. Even more extreme we'd swim up into the "wall" and collect all of the lost egg sinkers that rolled to the end of the concrete down at the bottom. We'd have to moon walk across the bottom with the POUNDS of weight we'd bag.

I just remember the sign:

"DANGER! Entering this water will result in certain death!"

Immortal we were...

As for Ed's challenge, I HAD considered making a light packraft with a clear vinyl bottom... Hmm...

_SHig