PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Ross Saltwater IV spool

flycaster99
12-10-2010, 05:20 AM
Looking for a Ross Saltwater IV spool

Thanks. Got what I was looking for.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-10-2010, 09:46 AM
That reel has been discontinued for some time now so I would check on eBay too.

flycaster99
12-10-2010, 12:00 PM
That reel has been discontinued for some time now so I would check on eBay too.

Thanks for the heads up, but I already knew it was discontinued; and, I've got WTBs on a lot of different fishing forums. Who knows, every so often the spool may become available.

cdccopp
12-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Flycaster,

I have some Ross spools. Possibly one for your reel. I have picked up some over the years. I know I have 2 empty spools that are solid. Give me the measurments for the spools and I will check if one of them will work.
Dennis

flycaster99
12-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Thanks, Dennis. I'll give you the measurements tomorrow.

flycaster99
12-13-2010, 05:40 AM
Thanks, Dennis. I'll give you the measurements tomorrow.

My Ross Saltwater IV spool measures 3 5/8" across its backside (the side that shows the two small pins) and measures just about 4" across its face (the side with the handle and counterweight). Would be nice if you got this size.

cdccopp
12-13-2010, 05:21 PM
I think we have a winner!
Measurments match. I have 1 1/4" spool depth from outside to outside. (top to bottom of spool). On the outside it has RR on the center of spool. Spool is solid with a release catch. email back
Dennis

flycaster99
12-14-2010, 06:40 AM
I PM'd you confirmation that our measurements are in agreement (1.25" depth is confirmed). Also, PM'd pictures of the spool just as a final check that we are talking about the exact same spool.

cdccopp
12-14-2010, 12:43 PM
Adam,

I contacted Ross Reels, Geoff Samples confirms that I have G S4 spool and it will work on a S IV reel. I havent been able to up load photos of spool and the reel I have on this site. I could do it by e-mail as attachments. I have tried to email you a few days ago, did you get them? If so I can email through this site or you can foward me your email address.
Dennis
dswop@frontiernet.net