PDA

View Full Version : Shuttles on the Yuba

Chris Gearhart
12-08-2010, 07:57 PM
Does anyone do shuttles on the Yuba since Sycamore is gone? I would appreciate any info.

Chris

Mrs.Finsallaround
12-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Sometimes you can arrange with a friend or a fellow fly-fisher to drive up as well and trade 'shuttle service' for a drift... I've done that with friends from our club. :nod:

Works out pretty well. We meet in Marysville, drive to the launch. One guy stays with the boat and I follow [in my vehicle] the other guy with the truck/trailer down to Sycamore. Park the truck/trailer and bring the other guy and myself back to the boat, parking my vehicle on the other side of the river. When we're done with the drift, we put the boat and the trailer and they drive me back up to my truck. 8-)

cadisaction
12-09-2010, 10:36 AM
Chris ,my fishing buddy and I are in the same boat. We can't figure it out minus driving up two cars. Maybe some time we can coordinate a trip together (our car and your car)and solve both of our problems. Pete

Chris Gearhart
12-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the ideas guys. Pete I may take you up on that sometime.
Chris

Terry Imai
12-10-2010, 06:26 PM
As long as it won't be too large of an Armada (which it looks like sometimes on the Yuba), we can work with a few of us when we're scheduling a trip down the Yuba between a few boats.

ronkenyon
12-20-2010, 04:31 PM
Hi,

I have a 11-1/2' drift boat but it is only good for two. I would love to grab a buddy and coordinate a drift with you guys. One of the reasons I got the boat was to fish the Yuba and this lack of shuttle action is a bummer.

Ron - ronkenyon@hotmail.com

AbelBoy
12-20-2010, 05:22 PM
I heard that Yuba guide, Dave Barbieri, shuttles when he is not guiding. I believe that he has a taxi license.

AB