PDA

View Full Version : G H Howells Cane Rod

RoyL
12-07-2010, 04:54 PM
I have for sale a Gary Howells 8 1/2', 2/2 Bamboo Rod. 5 weight, Weighing 4 1/8 oz, Serial number 4561, crafted in 1978. Carbide stripper guide, wrapped in brown thread with gold trim. Payne style cork grip with up-locking reel seat with zebra spacer. Includes original cloth bag and aluminum tube. The rod is in excellent condition. I am asking $3800

This beautiful rod is a collectors item that will only increase in value. I bought this rod over 20 years ago, and have only fished it twice. I just never took the time to adapt my casting style to that slower cane rod action (too many years of casting fast Sage Graphite rods), so I thought I’d put it up for sale and give someone else an opportunity to enjoy (and fish) this beautiful work of art. Based on the very few G H Howells rods for sale, I’d estimate the value around $4100-4200

This rod isn’t for everyone, but if you are a cane rod fan or collector you probably are aware of it’s history & pedigree. Treat yourself to a nice Christmas present. (and probably a good investment)

I have several photos available, but due to file size, I was unable to upload them to this post. I can email.

If you’re interested, give me a call on 530 878-7543 or email rl1456@att.com

Thanks,

Roy