PDA

View Full Version : Switch rods are very popular in Nor Cal

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-04-2010, 09:30 AM
You can buy new Switch rods for $300-$400 and all you need is a simple 8 weight fly reel and around $100 for some fly line.

Our sales of longer, larger single-hand fly rods for Steelhead have really slowed with the popularity of the Switch rods.

We have one of the largest selections of Switch rods in the world right here in Sacramento.

Sage, Orvis, Beulah, Winston,TFO, Echo, Ross, Redington......

Lance Gray
12-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Bill,

You are right! I see the interest in Switch Rods all the time. I have fly fisher's call me on a daily basis looking for schools and classes for them to learn how to use a Switch Rod. They are not really interested in Spey Rods they just want to learn how to use a Switch Rod. Both the Steelhead School and the Switch Rod School instruct the fundamentals of the Switch Rod.

http://www.lancegrayandcompany.com

Lance
530-517-2204

Craig Nielsen
12-05-2010, 10:43 AM
Bill:
I really appreciate your commitment to not only offering the largest selection of Switch Rods I've seen but providing staff with the expertise needed to help folks find the right line and rod combinations for their intended use. I have been fishing and guiding with switch rods since the nineties and short light speys prior to that and I've seen a great deal of misinformation regarding their use. It can be very confusing. It is a real treat to send folks into your shop knowing they will get the very best, most up to date information about these great new tools and come away with a system that not only casts well but perhaps more importantly, fishes well.
Thanks!