PDA

View Full Version : Missed it by that much but that is ok

Scott V
11-29-2010, 06:48 PM
Meet my good friend that lives in Disco Bay on Sunday to go and chase some striper's. Alot of people have said how tough it can be the day after a good cold storm and they were right. The water temp had dropped and there was a chill in the air, but that wasn't going to stop us. Started off with a little guy about 2 pounds and was happy to catch him. My friend Bruce then caught about a 6.5 pounder so things started to look up. Fishing was real tough but we kept going, when all of a sudden I get a good solid hit and set the hook. Needless to say this was going to be my biggest striper, I could tell by the tug. After fighting him for a minute or so it surfaces and we see what looks to be about an 8 pounder or so, my heart was beating and my blood was pumping. Another minute or so and I get this big boy next to the boat and reach down and grab the biggest striper I have seen in person. Fish measured out to be 29 inches and was 9 pounds 7 ounces on the scale. What a feeling it was to catch that beauty, placed him back in the water and got him back into fighting mode as he swam away straight to the bottom. Like others I was really hoping for a 10 pound plus fish but I am very happy with this big boy. We ended the day with a double up after sunset, in total we caught about 10 or so each. I look forward to getting my double digit striper but for now I am really happy.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/PsychoZ/Delta/IMGP3218.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/PsychoZ/Delta/IMGP3219.jpg

Eric M
11-29-2010, 08:05 PM
Nice. Good for you! You look very satisfied, as you should. I was either going to Pyramid or the Delta on Tues. I'm going to the Delta!

civicrr
11-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Congrats on a nice looking fish. Your double digit is just a cast away!

Frank Alessio
11-29-2010, 08:31 PM
Good job... Nice pictures....

Ed Wahl
11-29-2010, 09:06 PM
Way to go Scotty.=D>

I'm still looking for my first double digit too.

I hit the north delta with Phil on Friday for almost a total blank, one little pounder LMB took the smell off at least.

Striper fishing and duck hunting, it's a great time of year to be in NorCal.

Ed

Mrs.Finsallaround
11-29-2010, 10:21 PM
Way to go Scotty.

I'm still looking for my first double digit too.

Ditto here.... and, I've been chasin' 'em for 4 yrs!

You got me beat Scotty - my biggest stripe is still the 8.5 lb, 28.5 incher I caught 2 yrs ago!

Darian
11-30-2010, 12:08 AM
Hey Scott,.... Good job. Great looking fish. It may not be a double digit fish but it sure comes close.... :D :D

jbird
11-30-2010, 06:06 AM
Nice job! Thats a beauty!

gene goss
11-30-2010, 08:01 AM
Nice fish Scott....what kind of fly is that????

Scott V
11-30-2010, 08:21 AM
Nice fish Scott....what kind of fly is that????

Purple clouser Bruce tied up, since he lives in Disco Bay he gets plenty of time on the water and this year it seems that purple has been the color for him. I'll post a pic of it later tonight.

Thanks everyone for the kind words, striper's and me have been a fighting battle for a while. I would have friends call me and say that the bite was on and we should go out the following day, but like normal I would either get a 5 inch striper or a big old skunk. Then they would go out the day after to the same place throwing the same thing and come back with pictures of a lot of striper's. I figured that striper's just do not like me and never wanted to play with me. But as you can see I never gave up on them.

BillB
11-30-2010, 10:08 AM
Beautiful fish! I'll take one of those any day. Looking forward to getting up there in December.

briansII
11-30-2010, 10:30 AM
Congrats Scott. Great fish.

briansII

Hairstacker
11-30-2010, 11:06 AM
Congratulations Scott, that one's a real beauty! It seems they like you after all. :D

KD
11-30-2010, 10:31 PM
Good for you Scott! hey it doesn't come easy sometimes. Credits for pushing through the conditions and finding the reward. Not my kind of place to fish but hey man, whatever works for you! good job!

Nomadic Fisherman
12-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Way to go...Nice fish!

Blueracer
12-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Yeah way to go SV! Pretty sweet for sure. I see you have a new fishing hat too?? Nice

tk863
12-02-2010, 10:41 AM
Wow, Scott, that is an amazing fish from my vantage point. Cannot wait until I can bring in someting like that (but suppose I shall have to, hehe.) Job well done! =D>