PDA

View Full Version : New Insta-Set Indictors

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-27-2010, 07:39 PM
http://www.california-flyfishing.com/instaset.htm

Sierrapacific
11-27-2010, 10:02 PM
Thanks Bill for posting the link to the web site where the info about Insta-Set Indicators can be found. Insta-Sets are one of the only strike indicators on the market that can do more than just show when a fisherman has received a grab or encountered some obstical on the bottom of the stream. Insta-Sets show you when you've reached dead drift, when the leader length is too long, where the fly/weight is located during the drift and facilitates roll casting. They are distributed by Umpqua Feather Merchants and will be available in most fly shops this spring.

Mike O
11-27-2010, 11:59 PM
i have a couple of strike indicators with upright posts in them (yarn indicators built around upright semi-rigid posts) Can't remember the name offhand, but don't they do the same thing?

Sierrapacific
11-28-2010, 12:55 PM
The answer is "yes & maybe no" the ones you are describing will do the same thing
only if the leader attaches at a right angle or creates a hing. Insta-Set cast better, because they are aerodynamic where anything with yarn is not.

Fochetti
12-10-2010, 12:21 AM
I ordered a pair to check them out, the idea seems pretty simple. I'll report back when I get on the river.

jimmy1
08-13-2011, 01:20 PM
Hi, my first post.

I was wondering if these are styro-foam or air filled?

Terry Thomas
08-13-2011, 03:37 PM
Styro-foam material.

Lincoln Gray
08-15-2011, 08:14 AM
Fished them yesterday on the Lower Sac for the first time. They cast well, show you when you are on dead drift, and it pronouces when flies are dragging. This is very important, especially for a new angler, it shows the new anglers' when they must mend!
Great Tool Greg!

luckydude
09-12-2011, 03:32 PM
http://www.california-flyfishing.com/instaset.htm

getting a 404 not found on that link (and it's the same link off their front page). You can find them if you go to the online store.