PDA

View Full Version : Truckee River (Nevada)

Fochetti
11-16-2010, 02:54 AM
I haven't posted on here in a while but feel a bit obligated since I am trying to sell some gear.

The Truckee is fishing good but has slowed a bit in the past week or so due to the water temps dropping, morning temps 45 and afternoon 48. The flows are dropping daily and this can be a good thing. The fish are not "spread out" as much as other times of the year. This means that if you do catch a fish work that run for a while because there could be another. Work the water much more thoroughly right now. Make the extra drift or ten on that seam. I have found the fish aren't moving as much for the fly right now but will definitely take it with the correct drift. This is also a great time of the year to fish streamers, try a dead drift.

The bugs I have been finding the most are stones. There is a big brown stone size 6-8 and a smaller light tan yellow sally size 12-16. There are also some very small mayflies size 20, and green or brown net builder caddis, size 16.

I have been catching fish on twenty incher stones size 8 or 12, Tungsten stones Brown in size 6-10, Tungsten stones Yellow sally in size 14-16 and pheasant tails in size 16.

Hope this helps...And here is a little inspiration to get out there and catch one. Not going to say where but here you go.http://www.kiene.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2273&stc=1&d=1289901157

Scott V
11-16-2010, 08:45 AM
That is one nice fish you got there John.

windwalker
11-17-2010, 11:21 PM
thats a freakin toad....nice fish

1flyfisher
11-20-2010, 05:07 PM
Yeah baby! Sweet fish. I love fishing for big browns in the lakes this time of year. Nice pic!!!!