PDA

View Full Version : FS/T Ross CLA 6 + Spare Spool (Spey Size)

Tfisher
11-14-2010, 02:23 PM
For Sale: Ross CLA 6 reel and spare spool.

Mint to near new condition Ross CLA 6. Sold the spey rod I used this reel on. Comes with blank warranty card. Color is slate grey.

Reel new $270 Yours $190 shipped. (Shipping charges for outside USA/CA not included.)

Spare spool also for sale $80 shipped.

Would prefer to sell both for $245 shipped. Would also consider trades for a new/mint Waterworks ULA force 3.5x reel.

Thanks for looking.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o288/asterr/PB140109.jpg

jmeacham
11-30-2010, 01:27 PM
I'm interested in your CLA 6 however I'm not certain what you mean by spey spool. I was given to think that Ross did not differentiate their reels for specific type rods. FYI, I've never owned a Ross reel or a spey rod. My interest in the reel & spool stems from an upcoming trip, (5/11) to southern Belize where we will have a shot at 40-70# tarpon so I need something in the 10 wt category to bring along. Thanks.
Jerry Meacham
Dillon, MT

Tfisher
12-01-2010, 12:04 AM
I'm interested in your CLA 6 however I'm not certain what you mean by spey spool. I was given to think that Ross did not differentiate their reels for specific type rods. FYI, I've never owned a Ross reel or a spey rod. My interest in the reel & spool stems from an upcoming trip, (5/11) to southern Belize where we will have a shot at 40-70# tarpon so I need something in the 10 wt category to bring along. Thanks.
Jerry Meacham
Dillon, MT

Hi Jerry,

When I said "spey" I was referring to the fact that it is suitable for spey sized lines. In single hand this reel can easily handle lines in the 10/11/12 wt category. (See Ross's website for specs) While I don't fish salt water for tarpon, I do know that others have used the CLA for tarpon without incident. Its not a tibor, or a mako, but it has a smooth solid drag (which I believe is rulon). Might go to a fly shop near you and play with one before you make the call.