PDA

View Full Version : Feathered ear rings for the ladies.........

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-07-2010, 01:26 PM
We have a very nice young lady who has been coming into our shop buying feathers from us for a while now.

She actually makes feathered ear rings, so far, and has a nice little web site.

Take a look at her new web site:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/paigiewaggie

Ralph
11-07-2010, 06:04 PM
I like her style: webby hackle, guinea, peacock and pheasant. Lisa has been making earrings for all her friends from my #1 Whiting saddles and jungle cock. Kills me, but what can I say.

Tracy Chimenti
11-08-2010, 12:11 AM
Those look like they could ward off the voodoo hex, or at least keep the skunk out of my boat!

BobVP
11-08-2010, 11:43 PM
I've been doing this for my daughter for years and her mom before her. It's fun and I don't need to fool any fish!

SHigSpeed
11-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Why, I'm sure some of the GUYS here have worn feathered ear embellishments at some point in life (on purpose or due to operator error...)!

:)

_SHig

gene goss
11-11-2010, 09:00 AM
I'm one of those guys that wear's a ear ring....striper flies make great ear rings....i would tie a new one up for the ISE show at cal-expo, and wear it while i was tying on fly-tier-row...i even traded a couple for a beer.

Tony P
11-11-2010, 02:48 PM
I'm one of those guys that wear's a ear ring....striper flies make great ear rings....i would tie a new one up for the ISE show at cal-expo, and wear it while i was tying on fly-tier-row...i even traded a couple for a beer.

Did you ever wonder why earrings became so popular with men?

A man is at work one day when he notices that his co-worker is wearing an earring.

The man knows his co-worker to be a normally conservative fellow, and is curious about his sudden change in "fashion sense"

The man walks up to him and says, "I didn't know you were into earrings."

"Don't make such a big deal, it's only an earring," he replies sheepishly.

His friend falls silent for a few minutes, but then his curiosity prods him to ask,

"So, how long have you been wearing one?"

"Ever since my wife found it in my truck." :D

coolrivertx
11-11-2010, 04:30 PM
When I worked at Sportsman's Finest, I had a 6 or so hair stylist who "braided" clumps of feathers into hair. They really liked Whiting "Eurohackles" in all colors. Some would come in and by $250 worth at a time. I don't think Whiting anticipated this new demand!

Jay Murakoshi
11-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Gene,

Cal Expo - no tyer's row this year. They are going to combine the presentation and tying theater. So that will also cut out tyer's and add a few presenters.

Jay

gene goss
11-13-2010, 11:27 AM
Gene,

Cal Expo - no tyer's row this year. They are going to combine the presentation and tying theater. So that will also cut out tyer's and add a few presenters.

Jay

Hey Jay.....it was fun being part of tyer's row....you never knew what someone was going to ask you to tie....last year this kid ask me to tie a tail and some flash on this bass lure, i ask him to take the trible hook off the lure....i put some marabou, and ice chenille on the trible hook(not a easy thing to do)....about a hour later this kid show's up with a buddy, and they had a couple of more lure's for me to put tails on.....hahaha it was great.

Dan LeCount
11-30-2010, 01:37 AM
When I worked at Sportsman's Finest, I had a 6 or so hair stylist who "braided" clumps of feathers into hair. They really liked Whiting "Eurohackles" in all colors. Some would come in and by $250 worth at a time. I don't think Whiting anticipated this new demand!

We had a group of girls in Reno that would show up every so often and clear out our whiting saddles for the same thing.