PDA

View Full Version : "Nothing ever stays the same".........

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-07-2010, 12:45 PM
I was having a "bad day" (actually a bad month) some years back where something that happened to my business and I was very upset by it.

Thank God I have some really smart(er) friends.

One of them, Garth Jooste, told me that "nothing ever stays the same" and he was so right.

This is a statement that I really believe now and it helps me get past things.

This applies to all things in life....even fishing.

BillB
11-07-2010, 05:35 PM
"nothing ever stays the same"
You know my wife has a similar piece of wisdom. "Things may not get better, but at least they'll change." I think she has a point.

BobVP
11-08-2010, 11:41 PM
Your friend's comment is just about the same as "This Too Shall Pass" and they story of that comment is old....As I heard it while in an Arabic country: Just after the death of Mohammed a great Bey set out to find the "meaning of life" in the shortest statement. He sent forth to all in the known world to come to him with the most concise description of life's meaning. Many wise men came and said words like "love" or "power" or "love Allah", but the Bey found none of these to truly describe life in all it's fullness. Then one day a man came to his court and said, "This To Shall Pass".

Great words and I am gld you truly heard your friend.

OceanSunfish
11-09-2010, 01:33 AM
The concept of impermanence and continuous becoming is central to early Buddhist teachings.

Often times, this concept alone is what gets me through the day......

Charlie S
11-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Another good one when I'm feeling really pressured is, "No matter what happens, they won't cook and eat you." Puts things in a better perspective Bill.

pgw
11-10-2010, 08:01 AM
If it wasn't this, it'd be something else...