PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for a Fishing Resort w/ Airstrip?

Jed Peters
11-07-2010, 08:52 AM
Anyone recommend a good fishery with an airstrip close? Something where we can fly in, go to resort, straight to the fishery, and then back home?

(Weaverville is an opportunity, we know!!!!! Looking for something a little further away, perhaps in the middle of oregon coastal waters????)

Looking for something that has an instrument landing, that we can hit up sometime this winter for winter-run steelies.

Any help or guidance would be great!

shawn kempkes
11-07-2010, 03:21 PM
What you are asking for doesnt really exist. I suppose you could do Tillamook. But there arent any lodges there that will pick you up at the airport and provide door to door service, you would have to rent a car.

Jed Peters
11-07-2010, 06:08 PM
What you are asking for doesnt really exist. I suppose you could do Tillamook. But there arent any lodges there that will pick you up at the airport and provide door to door service, you would have to rent a car.

The Running Y or something in Klamath Falls I've looked into, there are also a number of fly-ins in Montana, WY, and Idaho--but want to fish steelies.

We can rent of course--the trick is to find a PNW resort for steelies with an instrument approach airport.

Woodman
11-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Sounds like you need to rent a float plane...

jnesheim
11-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Try the airstrip just north of the Trinity River, it's at Junction City.:fish:

shawn kempkes
11-07-2010, 10:02 PM
http://www.airnav.com/airport/KCEC

go to crescent city and fish the Smith.

WinterrunRon
11-08-2010, 12:50 AM
Are you talking about a small airstrip for a private plane? Crescent City will get you close to the Smith and Chetco. The Rogue is within a couple of hours drive. That's nothing to get to great steelhead water! No real resorts though. Agness has a few resorts right on the Rogue.

Otherwise, fly into Portland on Southwest. There's plenty of rivers within an hour's drive.

Wish I had your problem! :D