PDA

View Full Version : Salmon fishing regulations?

WinterrunRon
11-06-2010, 09:58 PM
Exactly what are the regulations for Salmon on the American, Feather, and Sac this year? Anyone know? American is closed to fishing from the powerlines at Ancil upstream until 1/1 I'm pretty sure. I've heard it's open downstream? Knights landing upstream is open? What about the Feather?

Mrs.Finsallaround
11-07-2010, 08:20 AM
From http://www.dfg.ca.gov/regulations/FreshFish/ccr-t14-ch3-art3.html:

American River-
*From the SMUD power line crossing at the southwest boundary of Ancil Hoffman Park downstream to the mouth:
2 Chinook Salmon Oct 30 - Nov 28. Closed to Salmon fishing the rest of the year - no take or possession.

Feather River-
*From 1,000 feet below the Thermalito Afterbay Outfall to the mouth:
2 Chinook Salmon July 31 - Aug 29. Closed to Salmon fishing the rest of the year - no take or possession.

Sacramento River-
*From the Deschutes Road Bridge to 500 feet upstream from Red Bluff Diversion Dam:
2 Chinook Salmon Oct 9 - Oct 31. Closed to Salmon fishing the rest of the year - no take or possession.

*From 150 feet below the Lower Red Bluff (Sycamore) Boat Ramp to the Hwy 113 bridge near Knights Landing:
2 Chinook Salmon Oct 9 - Dec 12 . Closed to Salmon fishing the rest of the year - no take or possession.

*From the Hwy 113 bridge near Knights Landing to the Carquinez Bridge (includes Suisun Bay, Grizzly Bay and all tributary sloughs):
2 Chinook Salmon Sept 4 - Oct 3. Closed to Salmon fishing the rest of the year - no take or possession.

WinterrunRon
11-08-2010, 01:03 AM
Wow! Thanks Mrs. Fins... for the answers and the link! Those regs remind of the crazy duck/goose season regs... shoot this, can't shoot that, can shoot this now, can't shoot it later, can only shoot the male of the species and take one... you get the idea. I think I better get one of those things quarterbacks use on their wrist to write and remember plays they run! :rolleyes: