PDA

View Full Version : Delta stiper report

WinterrunRon
11-06-2010, 09:53 PM
I couldn't find anyone to fish with me so I went by myself. Fished the incomming from 11-3. Hit some of my usual spots but didn't have to travel very far. Landed several dinks and hooked two nice fish. One about 6lbs or so and one I never saw. It was a bigun, though. Hit in 4 feet of water and headed for the deep channel right away going under the boat. It pulled, I pulled back, it pulled some more, I pulled back some more, I was expecting to land a pig and... dagagumit... nothing but a pigtail at the ent of my line! :cry: When they just come unbottoned, I can handle that. But when it's obvioulsly operator error... well I almost through every piece of gear I own overboard in frustration! ](*,)

Water is 62 degrees and very clean considering the amount of recent rain we had. No wind, I fished shirtless and came home with a sunburn... in November! :confused:Where else but California!

Clousers in chartruese (how do you spell it?), white read and green works for me all the time. Nothing fancy. I caught both bigger fish on a bluegill pattern in shallow water, however. Try and get out there. Fish are around and the conditions are fabulous!

Mrs.Finsallaround
11-07-2010, 08:36 AM
Sorry to hear about the bigun.... Operator error definitely sucks. Been there, done that! We're usin' 20lb test leaders these days.

Where in the WORLD did you find "no wind" from 11-3 pm yesterday??? We fished from noon to 4 pm from B&W to Sugarbarge, and never got less than 10-15 mph... got reports at StriperFest of windless conditions in the early morning, though.

WinterrunRon
11-08-2010, 12:55 AM
Sorry, I should have clarified. Fished The Delta on Thursday, Putah on Friday. I can't remember the last time I fished on a weekend!