PDA

View Full Version : Johnson Steakhouse/Trinity Alps Golf Course

arbolado
11-04-2010, 08:03 AM
I just noticed the Johnson Steakhouse in Weaverville on Google as I was looking at the map of the town. I did a search here on the forum and it doesn't look like it has had a recent review and I was wondering if anyone has tried it out lately? If so what was your opinion. I generally have a meal at La Grange and the Italian place while I'm there.

Thanks.

Cal
11-04-2010, 05:45 PM
I have heard the food is good, but have not tried it yet.

Also heard that the bartender is a spey fanatic, so if you go to the bar with some spey flies attached to your hat you can get lots of great information.

I plan to check it out next time I am up there.

aaron
11-07-2010, 12:25 AM
Johnson's is excellent. Will, who runs the place with his family is a steelhead nut and posts here occasionally. Much better vibe than any other place in town.

nrthcsteel
11-07-2010, 09:30 AM
I agree with Aaron. Great place to eat both dinner and lunch. Excellent food, service and friendly crew of people who work there. They also have a nice bar area where you can just hang out and have a few drinks after a day of fishing. Pretty much the only place I eat when Im in the area. Kevin

arbolado
11-07-2010, 12:55 PM
Thank you for the input. I plan to give it a try this week when I'm in town.

trinity
11-17-2010, 02:09 PM
Our restaurant has been open for about four years now, you can check out our website for more info www.trinityaplsgolf.com My family bought the place and remodeled it.

I am a total spey junkie, thanks to my good buddy Jason Hartwick introducing it to me a few years back. Weaverville is a great spot to live for a steelhead bum, and when Im not working on the golf course, i'm probably fishing. Our bar is a pretty fun place to watch games, drink beers, and talk about steelhead. We really appreciate what steelhead flyfishing brings to our local economy, last night we were pretty busy on an otherwise mellow night, thanks to about twenty fishermen coming in for dinner.

Will

ps I just checked the link and it doesnt seem to work, but you can google us if you want: Trinity Alps Golf Course

Thanks

Ben Kobrin
11-17-2010, 03:09 PM
Our restaurant has been open for about four years now, you can check out our website for more info www.trinityaplsgolf.com My family bought the place and remodeled it.

I am a total spey junkie, thanks to my good buddy Jason Hartwick introducing it to me a few years back. Weaverville is a great spot to live for a steelhead bum, and when Im not working on the golf course, i'm probably fishing. Our bar is a pretty fun place to watch games, drink beers, and talk about steelhead. We really appreciate what steelhead flyfishing brings to our local economy, last night we were pretty busy on an otherwise mellow night, thanks to about twenty fishermen coming in for dinner.

Will

ps I just checked the link and it doesnt seem to work, but you can google us if you want: Trinity Alps Golf Course

Thanks

Will,

I am headed up your way for a few days this weekend and next week. You're already on my list for dinner Sunday night. Looking forward to a few celebratory beers after a long day of fishing (fingers crossed!).

-Ben

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-17-2010, 11:09 PM
Hi Will

We use to eat out there about 35 years ago.

How about some fish reports...

Nailknot
11-28-2010, 08:03 PM
Possibly the best whiskey selection in Trinity County!
And the Mac and Cheese is exquisite.
Don't forget to talk Hardy reels with Will...