PDA

View Full Version : Delta Report 11-3-10

Hatch
11-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Fished the Central Delta area today with fellow striper addict Andy Solari. Put in at H&H at 6:30. 8 mile road really sucks bad but the marina gets almost no traffic so it is an easy put in and take out and is centrally located. Turned Mr. Solari on to the XI3-OBS-Pole Dancer combo and he had a nice, miss and come back blow-up, and landed a small keeper. Very fun to watch. The sun came up and we moved to one of the rock walls that has been very productive in the last few weeks and we proceeded to hammer the fish. Today was the best bite of year for me. We caught 18 fish in the first 45 minutes. We stayed for another hour and it got silly, the count was up to 31. These were not huge fish but lots of scrappy 2 and 3 pounders with a 4 or 5 # every 6 fish or so. There was the occasional dink, but that's O.K. We moved around a bit and found a couple of fish here and there staying mainly against rock walls with moving water. We had to be back in Sac. by 3:00 P.M. (to pick up the kids from school) So we stopped at one of the duck clubs and made one more drift. We found a few more and ended the day with 52 stripers to 5# and a few incidental LMB.
No big fish but we had a blast. Over the past 6 weeks I have been in the delta 3 times a week and have tried probably 15 different flys and when fishing against the rock walls one fly has been by far the best producer for me and all my guests. Foxxy Griz Baitfish in olive by Targus. They have a few left at Kienies and they look to be a Bluegill imitation. In the past few weeks it has produced over 150 fish, 40 today ! Great fly!
Thanks Andy
Hatch

mar
11-05-2010, 10:09 PM
Nice report Mr. Hatch! Sounds and looks like a killer session! Healthy looking fish!
Gotta agree with you on the 8-mile road bumper ride. Got airborne a couple of times out there in the family car :-) The kids loved it.
Keep the reports coming!

OceanSunfish
11-05-2010, 10:57 PM
Nice report Mr. Hatch! Sounds and looks like a killer session! Healthy looking fish!
Gotta agree with you on the 8-mile road bumper ride. Got airborne a couple of times out there in the family car :-) The kids loved it.
Keep the reports coming!

Add a thick blanket of seasonal tule fog and the route is a real butt-pucker.... Be sure to turn right once on top of the levee... <grin> The ramp hasn't been changed or improved from what I saw recently, but many of the waterfront structures have been removed and the levee is much cleaner.... Nice central place to launch....

Nice fish too. Perhaps in a few more years I'll be able to get back in the 'game'.