PDA

View Full Version : american river regs

RSK
11-02-2010, 07:23 PM
Ok, I'm on my 2nd year (maybe third, time is flying) and I know the Hazel to the cable crossing closes but I cannot remember the date. I looked at the fish and game site and it is not user friendly as far as finding the info you need quick. I do not have a paper copy right now so I was hoping that one of you in the "definite know" would give a quick run down of the AM river regs through the winter.

Thanks,
Russell

Terry Thomas
11-02-2010, 08:21 PM
The upper river above the power lines at Ancil Hoffman park is closed from Nov. 1 through the last day in December. The upper river opens again on Jan. 1st. There is a short salmon season this year on the American that runs from the last weekend in Oct. until Nov. 28th. Again, the only open area is below the power lines. The "take limit" is two chinook salmon per day.
T.

RSK
11-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Thanks Terry, that is what I halfway figured out except for the salmon. The open salmon season explains why so many people were out on Mon.

Russell

Frank Roepke
11-02-2010, 10:05 PM
I have not fished the river much below the close zone, where do you guys recommend? Driving over the Watt Bridge, there seems to be a good spot on the west side, but usually has a few or more fisherman on it.
Also do you recommend the riffles or ore of the deep pools and long runs? Salmon fishing.

Frank

DV8
11-03-2010, 12:31 AM
find the people, find(maybe) the fish. The word of the A.

Rick_Berry
11-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Hey guys.

I've only been out a couple of times Steelhead fishing and wanted to have a go on the AR Salmon run. For Steelies, I've been taught to swing for them.

Do you use the same approach for Salmon or would you dead-drift egg patterns? Any pattern recommendations if you swing for them?

Thanks in advance!

- Rick.