PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand budget hosting offer

Louie the Fish
10-31-2010, 05:11 PM
Aloha Ya'll!
I am new to this site, and a bonefish fly guide in Honolulu, along with my son Joaquin. He was born in New Zealand, and we lived there for 20 years, where I was a fly guide in Turangi, North Island. We all have citizenship there, and our small 3 bedroom house, only a 10 minute walk to the famous Tongariro river. For the past 5-6 years I have been hosting anglers there, and I will be there all January and February once again. The first 2 weeks of Jan are already booked. I charge $ 100 a day per person, or even less if its a group, three being about max. We share food and cooking. We all fish hard
together each day, favoring the small lake Otamangakau trophy trout lake only 30 minutes away, or backcountry streams about an hour away. For lakes I have three pontoon boats, float tubes, and a 12 foot dingy. I have an old car there to tow the dingy. Most anglers will rent a cheap car in Auckland and drive down, a 4 hour drive.
You can email me at louiethefish@yahoo.com for more info, and you can see many pics from previous trips on my Facebook photo album. Search under Louiethefish DeNolfo. This is a great way to get the feel of New Zealand trout fishing without spending a heap of dough.
Tightlines, Louie

Langenbeck
10-31-2010, 07:13 PM
Louie is the real deal. Came out of the North East of the U.S. He is a hell of a fisherman and story teller and also plays a mean harmonica when he is not doing his carving. Have met him on several occasions in the North Island. Definitely a guy you will NEVER forget. Louie why don't you post a picture from about 15 years ago on the huge Okitana rainbow that I think was about 17 pounds.