PDA

View Full Version : Lost rod and reel

Randy Shelton
10-29-2010, 04:07 PM
He found a suitable replacement. Thanks Randy

rtb215
10-29-2010, 11:09 PM
Reel sorry to hear that, I lost a rod and reel at Indian Creek Res about six weeks ago. I also went back with a set of hooks. No luck. If it is any comfort, I have heard from a number of people that this is a common occurrence. I will tether the rod from now on.

Terry Imai
10-29-2010, 11:54 PM
Hi Randy,

It's Terry from the stillwater class...hope you got a lot of taking it...

Ral might try getting a line of treble hooks to help snag his rod. When I was about ten years old, we were fishing Procer (sp) lake and things were starting to get slow. Being a typical ten year, I ended up screwing around with something on the boat until a big trout ended up taking my spinning rod over the gunwale on my dad's boat. After he yelled at me for a few minutes and he threw a few hooks (he didn't have a treble sets with him) we gave up and went home. Our friends were on the lake at the same time and saw the entire action. The following spring they show up at our house with the rod and reel (no fish attached...too good of a fish story). Since they went early enough in the spring with no weedbeds and algae, they actually saw the row in the water and were able to snag the rod and reel.

Ral should remember where he lost the rod and look right after ice out when there are no weed beds.

Take it easy...