PDA

View Full Version : Selling All My Fly Tying Stuff

michaeln
10-20-2010, 11:27 AM
I have listed a bunch of fly tying stuff in the classifieds.

Jgoding
10-20-2010, 05:08 PM
What happened?? I know, you finally found out tying your own flies isn't the cheaper way to go???

michaeln
10-20-2010, 05:36 PM
What happened?? I know, you finally found out tying your own flies isn't the cheaper way to go???

No, I have quit fishing altogether.

And I did find that tying my own was WAY more expensive than simply buying what I needed already tied. You don't tie flies to save money. I tied them for fun, for the challenge, and so I could have some patterns quickly that maybe I couldn't readily find for sale, or to make my own versions of a pattern.

Jgoding
10-20-2010, 05:39 PM
ahh, sorry to hear it. Any reason in particular to hang up the rods or just a culmination of factors?

michaeln
10-20-2010, 05:47 PM
ahh, sorry to hear it. Any reason in particular to hang up the rods or just a culmination of factors?

I have a very personal reason that I doubt other fishermen would agree with, so I am keeping it to myself.

David Lee
10-20-2010, 06:53 PM
I have a very personal reason that I doubt other fishermen would agree with, so I am keeping it to myself.

I hope you stick around here , I've enjoyed your posting since you joined .

Best wishes -

D.~

Jgoding
10-20-2010, 08:55 PM
Yeah, what David said, we'll miss you and kudos to you for doing what you feel you gotta do.

Hairstacker
10-20-2010, 09:42 PM
Michael, you will be missed around here. I don't know why you're giving it up but it's a relief to come to the realization it's probably not due to reasons of mortality. Take care.

Darian
10-20-2010, 11:19 PM
Michael,.... Like the others, I hope you follow the BB and keep in touch. I've enjoyed your perspective and your descriptions of the places you've fished.

Take good care of yourself.... 8)

mike borba
10-21-2010, 06:29 AM
michaeln,
I never got to fish with you, but you took the time to answer some of my questions about Baum and pontoon anchors. Thank you for that. Obviously you have friends here. Keep in touch here if you can, and if the urge to fish gets the best of you, I'm sure we could come up with some gear for you to fish with. Take care. Mike Borba

michaeln
10-21-2010, 02:02 PM
Thanks guys. Truth is, after I get all my fishing gear sold, I will likely not be around here. You're a good bunch of folks. I'm flaky, and sometimes my principles lead me to places I cannot expect others to go.

Best to all of you.