PDA

View Full Version : Upper Yuba - Conditions? Flow Up?

TheBanshee
10-06-2010, 02:53 PM
Have a trip planned this weekend and had planned to fish the Lower Yuba but see the flow's up a bit just over the past few days. Figured if flows are heavy we can head up above Goodyears Bar for stability. Anyone have a recent report on conditions or an opinion on whether the flow change is a concern?

Link to flow info: http://waterdata.usgs.gov/ca/nwis/uv/?site_no=11413000&PARAmeter%20cd=00065,00060

Dave "The Banshee"

Woodman
10-06-2010, 03:39 PM
Banshee,

I wouldn't worry about those flows a whole lot if they don't keep rising. Don't know what caused the bump. Was there rain up there recently?

Let us know if you make the trip. I'm looking at the NF Yuba for a trip with my son in a couple of weekends.

J

TheBanshee
10-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Fishing 10/9 evening was good from 5pm till sundown. I got 5 on drys but my friends got just a couple each. Almost all were jueveniles about 8-9 inches but one was 16.

Next morning was warm and fishing was good only for one friend who took 6 out of a pool. I struck out as did my other friend.

Would like to blame the increase in heat. Certainly can't be my lack of skill. :)

Woodman
10-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Banshee I sent you a pm

flyguy1
10-14-2010, 07:53 PM
Don't know if this will help much, but I was up at our family house near greagle last weekend. I noticed that the middle fork of the feather river was up quite a bit since labor day weekend. I was talking with some local up there and asked how much rain the area recieved a couple of week ago. The said more than 3 inches. The water was in excellent shape, which is good for my annual fall fishing trip to the area next weekend. I took my boys to a spot (on the middle fork of the feather) that does get quite a bit of pressure during the summer last weekend. I was amazed at all of the fish that were rising and never thought that there were that many fish in there since i gets hammered during the summer. Both boys caught fish on dries and missed numerous other risers. One real nice one snapped off, probably due to a wind not.

Scott

neck fat
10-15-2010, 02:08 PM
Thier can be alot of fishes in the watre but there allways dinks. That river gets to hot in the sumer and their is not enogh water for trout. I lived in that place for when i was akid.