PDA

View Full Version : Lower Yuba Reports?

Jaybinder
10-04-2010, 12:26 PM
I have the day off on Tuesday. I am thinking about the Lower Yuba.

Whats the best time of day? The reports say egg patterns, any other flies working? Are there any issues parking near the bridge? Anyone else going to be there?

As always PM's are welcome.

Thank you
Jason

bonneville54
10-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Well...the drift boat guys say they are catching 15, 20 a day and they probably are, but my totals this weekend wading were much more modest.

Saturday I landed 6, two on a rubber leg and the rest (and biggest) swinging an olive woolly bugger through the tailouts. Nothing else seemed to work for me.

Sporadic risers in the evening (late) but I'm too old and dumb to figure out what they were eating.

Saw lots of salmon...very encouraging!

No parking issues that I know of by the bridge, but this time of year I usually drive downstream on the south side.

If you'd like some specific's, spot wise, PM me.

RuggerJason
10-04-2010, 01:16 PM
I'm heading to the Yuba this weekend for the first time so I'd love to hear how you do tomorrow. Also, since I'm a newb there where is "the bridge"? Admittantly I don't know the area well

amoeba
10-04-2010, 02:12 PM
poor fishing sunday. minimal bugs, minimal surface activity, cool air/very cold water (52), and almost no one else fishing therefore.

Jaybinder
10-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Also, since I'm a newb there where is "the bridge"? Admittantly I don't know the area well

The hwy. 20 bridge east of Marysville.