PDA

View Full Version : Large Large mouth

Dan Harrison
09-29-2010, 10:38 AM
Really was a non eventful day about 1pm, morning had came and went with only a few small mouth on top. Nothing too big or worth a picture made a run to to quiet slough that i had never fished. Flying around corner after corner scanning the banks, mats and seams pushing my way back into the small slough. When a sunken boat caught my eye, throttled back, heart jumped really looked fishy. River split in two in this spot, out came the trolling motor and as if it were meant to be, one cast to the base of the sunken boat and wham fish on. Got to love when it all come together. Fish was 8.75 pounds.

BigOkieWhiteBoy916
09-29-2010, 10:53 AM
Why didn't I get a call? I see how it is Dan...LOL

Nice Fish Bro!

DFrink
09-29-2010, 11:25 AM
That's a really nice LMB!

Hairstacker
09-29-2010, 01:54 PM
Oh man, what a great fish, congratulations! =D> May I ask what you got her on?

Darian
09-29-2010, 03:18 PM
WOW!!! That's a real toad!!! Good looking Black Bass!!! Congrats!!! :D :D

Spicytuna1
09-30-2010, 02:02 PM
Great fish, congratulations!!! Its gonna take the Jaws of life to get that memory out of your head. That was a monster, had to put a serious struggle I am sure.

Dan Harrison
09-30-2010, 05:27 PM
Hairstacker got her on a crawdad pattern I recently made up. Basically tied Clouser style EC 2/0 jig. Tied in brown orange with mono eyes and green zonker body. I will post it on the tying board just have to make another, lost my only one to a stump.

Hairstacker
09-30-2010, 05:38 PM
Hairstacker got her on a crawdad pattern I recently made up. Basically tied Clouser style EC 2/0 jig. Tied in brown orange with mono eyes and green zonker body. I will post it on the tying board just have to make another, lost my only one to a stump.

Thanks! How unfortunate you lost the fly . . . I think I would have instantly retired it after a fish like that. :lol: