PDA

View Full Version : sac river 9/22 and 9/25

joshfish
09-26-2010, 09:39 PM
decided to hit the lower sac here in redding after work wednesday. a masive hatch came off around seven and lasted untill dark. fish were rising everywhere but i couldn't land one to save my life. had several hookups and got broke off twice. it was awsome. decided to do double time today with my brother. we fished the upper sac at dog creek from 7:00am till about 11:00am. i hooked four and landed three one 8", one 14" and 0ne 16". my brother landed one that was 17". his biggest on a fly so far. came home and hung out around the house untill about 5:30. headed out and fished the lower sac. fished nymphs till about 6:30 with not even a take. saw a some small bugs coming off the water and a couple of fish rise so i grabed my dry fly rig and started throwing a size 16 elk hair caddis. more fish starting rising and i got hooked up with one at about 7:00. between 7:00 and 7:30 i got four to hand. one 16", one 17", one 18" and one 19". the two biggest fish took the size 16 caddis the other two i got on a size 12 stimulator. 19 is my biggest to date. the hatch tonight was nothing like wednesday but i did way better. here are a couple of crappy cell phone pictures. the pic of the fish with the net in it is the one my brother caught on the upper sac. the other is one of the ones i caught on the lower sac.