PDA

View Full Version : NFR Book about my Dad

Black Cloud
09-24-2010, 03:10 PM
A book about my Dad is coming out next month, its called "Gods Angry Man" the incredible journey of pvt Joe Haan. the web site is www.joehaan.com.

James W. Haan
www.fisharslonga.com

Darian
09-24-2010, 05:48 PM
WOW!!!! I am truly impressed. Your father was a real war hero and a literary man in spite of his circumstances in war and growing up!!!! :nod:

I like this bit from his writings:

"Sometimes man is so completely confounded by the enigma of life that he attempts to escape into a cocoon of myth and falsity, never to emerge into the light of knowledge." Joe Haan, 1944

I'm fairly sure that this writing applies as much today as it did when your father wrote it.... :) :)

huntindog
09-25-2010, 10:03 AM
Very incredible, we have become so spoiled with the ease of life today that I think most forget about the struggles of those that fought their asses off to survive, not just in battle but in day to day life. Some of my favorite memories growing up were going to breakfast with my grandfather and several other men that were his age, they would speak with openness and a feeling of pride about the war and the depression and struggles of life that made them stonger. Today we (myself included) bitch and complain about small inconveniences in life as if someone should feel sorry for us. I will buy this book and I can not wait to read it.

Larry S
09-25-2010, 05:08 PM
James:
Looking forward to reading about your dad. I recently met up with the 93-yr old
mother of a late friend. Her husband was a medical officer with the WWII Alamo
Scouts. Several great books out about the Alamo Scouts. Talk about MEN!
Best to you,
Larry S

Black Cloud
09-25-2010, 07:01 PM
Guys, thanks for the kind words. My Dad was a down to earth blue collar ironworker,he liked people who could think for themselves and would voice their opinions, if he were here today I'm sure he would be an active participant on the board.

huntindog
09-30-2010, 02:33 PM
James, my book arived today. Just in time as I am heading out deer hunting for 5 days. Should make for some good night time reading in the tent. Glanced over it very quickly and it looks great. Good job preseving these memories and your fathers writing.

Darian
10-03-2010, 12:44 PM
Hi James,.... Picked up my copy of the book. It'll get a workout starting tomorrow.... :D :D

Black Cloud
11-19-2010, 09:30 PM
Here is a segment from New Orleans at the WWII museum http://www.wlox.com/global/category.asp?c=194069&clipId=5307925&autostart=true