PDA

View Full Version : Say hey Hogan B......

k.hanley
09-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Kevin Price's mice patterns look fantastic! Would you mind telling me more about how they've been fished (durability, action, etc...). I love the simple look. Sometimes getting the design down to what appears to be a few simple steps takes years in the making. Sometimes it just happens from the get go.

I appreciate whatever you could share bud. Thanks.
Cheers, Ken

Hogan Brown
09-23-2010, 09:42 AM
Kevin has been fishing them for about a year and a half now for both bass and trout. We have fished them around chico on public ponds, rivers, sloughs, lakes, etc... also Kevin fished them all summer up in AK for big rainbows. The ones I fished held up great. Multiple big numbers of fish days was pretty common on a single pattern.

They are totally weedless and snag less, land hook point up every time, and the hook up is pretty easy...much easier than some of the heavy mono weed gaurds I have used before.

Action is similar to a any fly with a gurgler face, but with out the hook point riding down you get much more eradict action out of the fly. It also rides lower even with the foam. Kevin designed this because the back end of a mouse usually rides lower as it is the heaviest part of the animal.

Bottom line is it is incredibly simple but amazingly effective. check out his blog for more info or email him...the guy spends tons of time testing his flies in his sisters pool, local leach pits, and bodies of water that get pounded by bait and subsistence fishermn.

infoaboutbassin.blogspot.com

k.hanley
09-23-2010, 04:18 PM
Thanks. Good stuff.
Cheers, Ken