Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-18-2010, 07:52 AM
http://www.tenkarausa.com/video.php

BobVP
09-18-2010, 09:42 AM
Hey Bill,
That was fun.
Are you selling this equipment yet?
I watched several of the videos and all I kept thinking about was the feeder streams I love to fish and how nervous I get sometimes slipping and sliding down narrow trails with my rod...and how easy it would be to not do that with this method.
Can't see it replacing everything but small streams make a lot of sense.
Thanks.

Jay Murakoshi
09-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Last month at the Fresno Fly Fishing club, Daniel did a presentation on tenkara fly rods.
It was interesting to watch the presentation. It's definitely a different style of fly fishing, something that I'm not use to.
Can you imagine a rooster on the end of one of those rods! A friend of mine has one of those rods and has used it on the upper kings river. I hope to get up there this coming week and video tape some of the upper kings. I might ever try some top water - opps in trout lingo, dry fly fishing. I have a 7' 5wt Fenwick fiberglass rod that some one made for me way back when. But I don't have any trout flies tied up. Guess I gotta call Umpqua or Spirit River for a few dries.
You might see some video of me actually trout fishing. The first scene will be the trout flying through the air and get wrapped around a tree branch :-)

Anyhoo, I think this style of fishing would be great for those who like to fish small creeks

Later

Jay

Kneedeep
09-18-2010, 12:27 PM
Might want to take a look at this.
http://tv.shimano.co.jp/movie/tv/paradise_06/

Jay Murakoshi
09-18-2010, 01:54 PM
Excellent video. All I have to do is speed up the download time so I don't have to watch it in sections. Too dang cold for me

Jay

Kneedeep
09-18-2010, 04:09 PM
Not sure about this info, but it worked for me...try switching to HD (if offered) and see if it doesn't work better.

Jay Murakoshi
09-18-2010, 07:14 PM
thanks, I'll try it

Jay