PDA

View Full Version : Lake Davis - Game On!!!

Troutstalker55B
09-15-2010, 01:18 PM
Fished the lake today from 7:30 to noon, many fish rising, Int. line was the best, water temps 59-62 degrees, blood midge pupa, PT's, and brown wiggle tails produced. Light fishing pressure as well. The fish were clean, just scars from the parasites! This fall is going to go off - Just watch!

Jon.

1flyfisher
09-15-2010, 01:21 PM
What kind of size to the fish jon?
I am going up for a few days.

Fished the lake today from 7:30 to noon, many fish rising, Int. line was the best, water temps 59-62 degrees, blood midge pupa, PT's, and brown wiggle tails produced. Light fishing pressure as well. The fish were clean, just scars from the parasites! This fall is going to go off - Just watch!

Jon.

Troutstalker55B
09-15-2010, 02:57 PM
Hey Paul, The fish ran 16-22" but on the skinny side. There is a good amount of fish in front of Jay Fair's bank. After today, the future look bright, we shall see.

Jon.

FRSam
09-16-2010, 11:14 AM
Davis was a kick yesterday...water temps down... no wind...blood midges everywhere...fish everywhere...the majority clean with some scarring.

And here's Jonny into one of the bigger fish yesterday...

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r6/FeatherRiverSam/DSC00450.jpg

Pete

Troutstalker55B
09-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Blood midge hatch and working fish in certain coves. Found success with an Int. clear camo with a rust wiggle tail #12. Flat calm this morning, water temps have risen from 57 to 59 – 63 degrees 8am -1pm in the central lake. Fast strips worked best with long pauses. Light fishing pressure and it got very hot out there, once the breeze came on it was nice out. There will be a small window for evening fishing for the next week with this weather, and some opportunities to catch fish from the bank in skinny water are possible as reported from an angler friend. Best of luck out there!

Jon.

gene goss
09-28-2010, 04:43 PM
Looks like a stripping game.....cast too the nervous water....i know that spot in the photo....thanks for the post.