PDA

View Full Version : Middle Fork American or Rubicon

Frank Roepke
09-13-2010, 09:46 PM
We are heading out Saturday afternoon, thinking the Middle Fork or Rubicon. Any imput would be great.

Thanks,

Frank

Ed Wahl
09-13-2010, 09:58 PM
I was on the Rube last weekend Frank. Water conditions are much better than usual for this time of year. 60 degrees at 4pm. Clear as glass.

I have to admit a 100% bias for this river though, been fishing it for 20+ years and enjoyed every second of it.

If you go take some pics. Evening light in this canyon is hard to describe, but once seen can never be forgotten.

Ed

Frank Roepke
09-14-2010, 09:45 PM
Nice! will do Ed. I tryed posting some pics of last week outing but can't quite figure out the process. Need to work on that.

Phil Synhorst
09-15-2010, 06:52 PM
Frank, a word of caution. Never trust a mid-westerner, especially those with the initials Ed Wahl. The Rubicon is a nasty, horrible, God forsaken place. :---)

Just kidding, about the Rube that is. You won't regret going there. The other advice is worth it's weight in Gold.:D

A bit late but, welcome to the board.

wineslob
09-16-2010, 08:37 AM
Are you guys taking the trail off the Wentworth Springs Rd above Stumpy?

Frank Roepke
09-16-2010, 11:02 PM
I think we are heading out from Oxbow Res. The guy i'm going with was telling me about a 5 miles dirt road we will be taking outside of Oxbow. I will send report when we get back

Frank