PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Consistent North Coast Report

jhaquett
09-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Hey guys,

I'll be "stuck" on the coast all of steelie season this year and am looking for a consistent resource (website or email) on what's hot and what's not. I have scoured the Internet and have found no decent report websites (like fish first's in Chico or the fly shop's in redding).

If I had better experience on the area I know that I could just keep up with water levels and just use my topos to get around but alas, I do not have the experience to know access points, when to go, etc. I know the trinity well but want to try some new rivers (the other 5 of the 6 rivers). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Darian
09-10-2010, 09:43 PM
Eureka Fly Shop is a good source of current info in that area. No website but you can call them. Not sure what's available in the Crescent City area any longer. However, there're several newspapers in the area that carry info about fishing on a weekly basis; the Times Standard (Eureka), the Del Norte Triplicate (Crescent City) and the Curry Pilot (Brookings). All have websites for quick and easy access to local info.

As I recall, a member if this BB, Bruce Slightom (hope I spelled it right) guides and lives in the lower Klamath River area. Not sure if he has a website but I'm sure you could contact him thru the members list for this BB. Finally, when Jason Hartwick gets back from Alaska, he usually guides the Trinity and south fork of the Eel River. He's a member of this BB, also.

I'm sure there're many more sources in the Santa Rosa area that I haven't listed but you'll here about from others, here.

Hope you have a good winter over there.... :D :D