PDA

View Full Version : chico area

thepeacockspecial
09-09-2010, 12:55 PM
anyone in chico area willing to rideshareor meet up atyellow creek this weekend? will b goin solo and wld like sum company.

michaeln
09-09-2010, 02:41 PM
Yellow Creek is such a gorgeous place:

http://michaelnel.smugmug.com/Other/Michaels-Junkbox/yellowcreek/1001242359_8xFtw-O.jpg

thepeacockspecial
09-10-2010, 05:08 PM
just got back from the creek. flows are REALLY LOW.. was hard.. but managed 3 bows inthe 12 inch range, and saw 5-7 legendary browns I did not believe in until i saw them with my own eyes. When I first saw them, the first thought in my head when I saw them was.. "WTF are these leopard sharks doing here".

After my attempts of trying to land one, i have come to a conclusion that these "legendary" browns are impossible to catch in this area lol... will post some pics later. planning on going back tomorow , or heading to the feather below almanor.

EricO
09-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Yellow creek is so pretty, but tough, tough fishing.

I've only been able to manage a few 12" out of there...never seen the
legendary browns yer talking about, but heard of them.

I've come to the conclusion that the best time to fish Yellow is
very, very early in the morning (then wind comes up like clockwork
at 9am) or late in the day. Haven't fished it in two years. It's
a humbling creek. Not good for my fly fishing ego. :)

And that daily wind makes it brutal to fish.

EO

oregonsteel
09-12-2010, 02:41 PM
anyone in chico area willing to rideshareor meet up atyellow creek this weekend? will b goin solo and wld like sum company.

Look up the user "Aaron" on this build and give him a call. He lives in Chico and fishes alot, he is a real nice guy.

wineslob
09-14-2010, 08:28 AM
If you fish Yellow from Belden Powerhouse up, not the meadow, the fishing is incredible.

Kneedeep
09-14-2010, 08:37 AM
If you fish Yellow from Belden Powerhouse up, not the meadow, the fishing is incredible.

Are you speaking of the up the creek that flows into the river at that point, or the river itself?;)

wineslob
09-14-2010, 09:39 AM
Are you speaking of the up the creek that flows into the river at that point, or the river itself?;)

Up the creek. I usually go about a mile before I start fishing.
The river is good, but right now it's pretty warm.