PDA

View Full Version : The A

Paul B.
09-06-2010, 01:41 AM
Jumped it to the A today at 8am. Got about 12 bumps and landed 4 but none were over 10".
Sorry no water temp.
Went to Suzy Burger for a philli cheese steak around one thirty. Not as good as they used to be.
Back to the river at 4 but I was happier after the sun dropped over the trees and things cooled off.
Tried skateing dries and more swinging wets but got the same. Four hits and two landed 6" and 8".
Maybe I was at the wrong spot!
Nice day though, the rafters, dogs and drunks kept me entertained for the most part.
I hope to hire guide to show me around here soon. I'm starting to like this place for some odd reason.
Paul

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-06-2010, 08:57 AM
I will be getting out more very soon as my wife is going to visit the grand-kids in Colorado Springs for a week.

I will try to hit it a few mornings real early with a black fly but I know I will go mostly in the evening now.

At this lower flow I would be using a sinktip mid-day and a floater early and late.

The secret is to just go either early or late in the day for a few hours and keep moving.

If anyone wants to go out with me in the evening just let me know.

Jed Peters
09-08-2010, 02:55 PM
If anyone wants to go out with me in the evening just let me know.

Don't know what your schedule is next week, bill, but I'd like to get out and wet a line tuesday, wed, thursday-ish?

I have been coming in to the shop a couple mondays now to buy stuff from Jim and Bill C., haven't met you yet.

I'll PM you....

itsbenlong
09-09-2010, 08:54 PM
I fished the A two days last week and one day the week before and caught 4 very nice steelies between 3 - 6 lbs. The first fish was caught in the evening and the other 3 were caught between 2:30pm and 3:30pm in the same spot, two in the same day. Swinging streamers all the way!