PDA

View Full Version : Where to go?

Jet
08-29-2010, 10:50 AM
There has not been much talk of places fishing well lately. The Truckee is warm and Yuba is high. Joey has next Friday off and was thinking of a overnight trip. Any news how the North fork Yuba area is fishing? How about Woods lake area and the West Fork Carson? We would like to chase some dinks on Dries. Is the lower Yuba worth floating now that the flows are coming down? Open for suggestions.

Thanks

Jet

El Rey
08-29-2010, 12:13 PM
Joe, I've recently fished both Woods Lake and the West Carson. The lake is fun for 8" to 12"ers, mostly planters. I've had success with terrestrials and a PT or zebra midge dropper. I don't have a float tube, but wading out a ways is easy. The fish tend to concentrate near the weed beds at the far end of the lake, but they also cruise everywhere.

Flows on the West Carson are getting a little skinny out in the meadow section, and stealth is required. But the best fishing is the pocket water in the canyon section.

Haven't tried the E Carson for a while. Jeff Putnam's report on the Pleasant Valley stream sounds very good, but it's private and expensive. If I had a few extra $ I'd like to try it.

Good luck, and greetings to Joey, too.

El Rey

joshfish
08-29-2010, 07:40 PM
just floated the lower sac from redding to anderson this afternoon. fishing was pretty good. heard others say the same.