PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some help...

Fats
08-28-2010, 10:27 AM
Many of you don't know, but I work at a high school in the Administration... School's back in session for us (going somewhat smoothly, all things considered) I had a teacher come up to me the other day that knows I'm into fly fishing and fly tying. He wants to start a fly tying club at our school and asked if I knew of a place where he could find some simple fly tying vices for the kids to learn on.

We asked the local fishing club if they had any but their tying stuff has been "mis-placed/lost" and they were not able to help us out.

Does anybody have any older "beginner vices" they've out grown that are gathering dust? I'm also looking for simple bobbins etc. As a old biology teacher I think I can put my hands on bodkins and dissection scissors that can fill in that gap, but I'm willing to consider just about anything.

PM me if you want to talk...

PaulC
08-28-2010, 10:26 PM
Might be able to help out a bit.
Sent you a PM.
Glad to see folks reaching out to the next generation. :)
-Paul

JD
10-14-2010, 10:09 AM
Are you still in need of tools? If so PM me back because the CFFU (Sacramento club) should be able to help you out.

Mike O
10-14-2010, 01:39 PM
If he is looking for curriculum, the National Fly Fishing in the Schools is a good organization. They have trainings and sell kits of 10 FFing setups for a good price. We took that training last year, and are waiting for the equipment to get here for the club to start. should be fishing by next spring!!!

Their site is

http://www.flyfishinginschools.org/