PDA

View Full Version : Fuller on Fire

DFrink
08-27-2010, 07:46 AM
I guess I caught the plant truck on time. I fished from 630 to noon yesterday, caught 17 (4 browns and the rest bows). I lost no less than 3 times that many (using a barbless hook fly). Nothing real big, about 6 to 12" and 1 14"er that I lost right at the net. I didn't have time for my hiking adventure due to family plans so I'll have to save that lake for another time. It turned out to be a pretty fun day. I'll post some pic's a little later. ScottV that frog snot fly is key, I can't take it off my I-line because it's so good!

Dan

Scott V
08-27-2010, 11:10 AM
Glad to see you got into Fuller when it was hot Dan, that place can be loads of fun. Were the ospreys out eating fish all ove rthe lake? The birds is the main reason I like to fish Fuller.

As for the frog snot, yeah that fly has definetly found a place in my box and I will use it everywhere. That material was a lucky find walking through Michael's one day. $2 bucks has supplied me with a couple life times of materials for the frog snot.

DFrink
08-27-2010, 02:22 PM
Scott

I saw 2 osprey flying overhead looking for fish while I was at the back end (near the inlet) of the lake. Didn't see them diving for any fish though which was wierd because the trout where in the shallows rising to midges like crazy. I tried a size 20 black humpy and a size 22 mosquito but couldn't get the trout to rise to them? I thought the mosquito would work great because it was close to the same size and color when siting on the surface, but there were so many bugs out that I think my fly may have just been a needle in a hay stack. If I would have stayed and fished the cove by the dam the entire time I'm sure I could have at least doubled my numbers, but I hadn't been to the inlet before so I wanted to check it out. Good times. Do you know if Michaels still sells that material, or was it on a close out deal?

Dan

michaeln
08-27-2010, 02:42 PM
So much for the full moon theory. ](*,)

Scott V
08-27-2010, 03:17 PM

You can't use that theory on planters, they are in their own solar system.;)

Scott V
08-27-2010, 03:18 PM
Dan, I'll send you some just send me your address via PM and I will stuff some in an envelope, I have well over 50 yards of the stuff and it cost me nothing.

DFrink
08-28-2010, 07:50 AM
Michael, I share your full moon theory (actually I think a lot of people do), that's why I opted out of hiking into my original destination and went to fuller for the dumb truck trout;).