PDA

View Full Version : Camping at China Flat on the Silver Fork

Scott V
08-19-2010, 11:00 AM
I will be camping at China Flat this weekend if anyone wants to come and join me for some fishing. I will be in an Fleetwood Storm RV, I plan to get there Friday some time after work and will be staying til Sunday afternoon. If I can not get a spot at China Flat I will head over to Silver Fork campground, but I do not think I will have a hard time getting a spot at China Flat I hope. Just look for the Denver Bronco flag.

Woodman
08-19-2010, 11:32 AM
Scott,

I may try to head up to the Silver Fork for some afternoon/evening fishing on Saturday. Maybe I'll run into you.

John

DFrink
08-19-2010, 11:46 AM
Scott,

You didn't tell me you were a Bronco's fan... This changes everyting.;)

I will be camping at China Flat this weekend if anyone wants to come and join me for some fishing. I will be in an Fleetwood Storm RV, I plan to get there Friday some time after work and will be staying til Sunday afternoon. If I can not get a spot at China Flat I will head over to Silver Fork campground, but I do not think I will have a hard time getting a spot at China Flat I hope. Just look for the Denver Bronco flag.

Mike O
08-19-2010, 11:52 AM
Now I really wish I could meet you...

GO BRONCOS!!

Remember...God himself is a Bronco fan...otherwise sunsets wouldn't be orange.

Scott V
08-19-2010, 12:49 PM
Now I really wish I could meet you...

GO BRONCOS!!

Remember...God himself is a Bronco fan...otherwise sunsets wouldn't be orange.

Or the sky wouldn't be blue.

Jay
08-19-2010, 01:02 PM
Are either of you guys from Colorado? I am, born and raised.

Scott V
08-19-2010, 02:21 PM
Are either of you guys from Colorado? I am, born and raised.

Born and raised in the beautiful city of Santa Ana California, or as us locals like to call it Little Tijuana. But I do love Colorado, been to Durango a few times and Colorado Springs.

Jaybinder
08-19-2010, 02:28 PM
I'll be there early friday. Blue Xterra.

Jet
08-20-2010, 10:14 AM
Joey was born in the mile high city and we are Bronco fans. Sure would like to try and make it to the SF.

Joe

Scott V
08-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Chian Flat is full so hopefully I can find a spot at Silver Fork campground.

Hatch
08-20-2010, 04:18 PM
Keep one eye on the river and one behind you. I fished the area on Wed. and saw some really big Mountain Lion tracks next to the river. Carry a nice 3 wt and a big stick.
Hatch:eek:

Jaybinder
08-25-2010, 01:12 PM
It was nice to meet you Scott. I hope you and your wife had a nice weekend.

Jason

Scott V
08-25-2010, 02:07 PM
It was nice to meet you Scott. I hope you and your wife had a nice weekend.

Jason

We had a real nice weekend, to bad we hardly got to do any fishing together that much. On Sunday a Japanese gentleman showed me how to fish Tenkara style "www.tenkarausa.com". He was trying to introduce the style to America. It was kind of neat, a big retractable fly pole with a little bit of line tied to the end. I was able to get fish to rise but could not get the hook set down. But with a little more practice I know I could have landed fish. It was real neat to be able to reach out and drop a fly in water I would normally have to cast to.

And thanks for getting our spot for us, we would have not been camping if it weren't for you. Thank you very much.

Scott V
08-25-2010, 02:09 PM
Keep one eye on the river and one behind you. I fished the area on Wed. and saw some really big Mountain Lion tracks next to the river. Carry a nice 3 wt and a big stick.
Hatch:eek:

I have yet to see any big cat prints while on the Silverfork and I have fished alot of it. I know my cat left a few paw prints here and there but all he wants is to be loved and maybe some catnip. :D