PDA

View Full Version : Grand Teton National Park fishing

Scott V
08-16-2010, 03:11 PM
I might be going to Grand Teton next month and was wondering if anyone had any fishing information for me. I do not need any guide recommendations unless they are free, I wil be lucky enough to afford a vacation but no guide services.

Thanks for any info
SCott

RAS
08-16-2010, 05:04 PM
I can reccomend a creek called Black Tail Spring.Not sure if it's a spring creek or not.It is a tributary of the Snake River near Moose.The cutthroat move up out of the river into the creek,maybe to spawn?I found them in pods in the larger pools.Good dry fly action on some larger, hard pulling fish!
Have a good trip, RAS

DFrink
08-17-2010, 06:54 AM
Scott, you lucky... I hope you have a good trip and send us desk jockies some good pic's.

Dan

Jaybinder
08-17-2010, 06:56 AM
Check out www.jackdennis.com he has a new (just moved to a new location) shop in Jackson Hole. I was there last month and he gave me some great info on that whole area. If you are staying in Jackson, you can fish the snake from shore at a couple of spots. It wasn't necissary to wade and it was public land. If you can get to Yellowstone, fish Cache creek, its more than worth the hike.

Scott V
08-17-2010, 08:30 AM
Thanks for the info everyone. And I will also be spending time in Yellowstone and I have my bear spray ready to go. Planning on hiking into a lake full of graylings.