PDA

View Full Version : Help with Fly Tying Cabinet ID.

Kneedeep
08-16-2010, 01:28 PM
Posted here, rather than in "Fly Tying" because I thought it might get more response. Sorry if this ires anyone.

Does anyone recognize this fly tying storage cabinet regarding maker, design, plans, etc?
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I picked this up over this past weekend from an estate in Pacific Palisades, Ca. The gentleman had passed away and his wife was disposing of his fly tying collection.
She told me me he acquired it years back at FF conclave. She did not know where, when, or if he won it in a drawing, or purchased it.

Box dimensions to the nearest inch are as follows;
Cabinet overall...........25"x18"x23" Total weight...*73 pounds*
Top drawer section.....23"x17"x7" Weight...28 pounds
Bottom compartment...25"x18"x16" Weight...45 pounds

According to his widow, her husband kept this in the back of his SUV and took it on all his fishing excursions. At a combined "empty" weight of 73 pounds, it's not a surprise; damn near had a stroke myself lugging it down their driveway! No worries about it sliding around the back of your vehicle!
She did tell me that he frequently fished the "Acularius Ranch" in the Eastern Sierras.

Hopefully, someone will recognize something familiar from the pics about its construction and shed some light on history/origin/maker.
Pics taken on the tailgate of my truck to better show its size.
I admit to being a "wooden box" affectionado.
Thanks for your help.