PDA

View Full Version : Good day, bad day

Charlie Gonzales
08-09-2010, 01:32 PM
Day started off great when board member Bill Barker got this beauty....
http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr262/BigValleyGuide/BillB24001.jpg

Not so great to learn my window had been smashed at Rossmoore. Not a thing missing either; glasses, cd's and change all still in the car.

mar
08-09-2010, 06:03 PM
Sorry to hear about the truck. I've been lucky so far with my old beat-up truck, though I usually launch out of the lower sections of the American.

BTW, that is one he@# of a nice fish!!!! What did the boga say?

Ed Wahl
08-09-2010, 06:46 PM
Nice fish there Bill. What fly and line?

Charlie, too bad about your window.

At least you got to fish.

I had to spend the day down by Rossmoor shooting my slingshot randomly through the trees.
How boring is that?

Ed

Mrs.Finsallaround
08-09-2010, 07:08 PM
That is an AWESOME fish....

Glad SOMEBODY's findin' 'em, cause we sure can't right now!

Darian
08-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Great fish and photo!!! What a beauty.... :D Sorry about the window on the truck. Wonder if the vandal was interrupted before he/she could steal anything.... :?: :confused: Neither parking area at Rossmor Bar (upper or lower) is really ideal for vehicle security. The bike trail makes it easy to hit and run without much chance catching a thief/vandal.... :mad:

Still a great day for you and your client.... :nod: :nod:

Mr. Striper
08-10-2010, 08:34 AM
Nice fish guys. Sorry to here about the window Charlie.

Charlie Gonzales
08-10-2010, 09:17 AM
That girl went almost 25 on the boga, but it was hard to tell because I hate hangin big fish like that and try to get them back in the water ASAP.

Stuff happens, but it sucks. Thats why I never have clients spark inside, or in Bills case, pick them up/drop off at their hotel rooms.

Hopefuly Bill will post one of his pics so we can see the true girth of her.

One other note, not only this was Bills' first striper on the fly, but the first time he had fished for stripes on the fly.

BillB
08-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Here is a little different angle on the girth. Spectacular fish which Charlie handled well and got her going again.

I don't know many who have not been "assaulted" on the American. I think we, the broken-into, out number those who have not. To bad there is not a paid/patrolled parking lot at each location. Sorry Charlie.

Ed Wahl
08-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Striper envy!:mrgreen:

Tracy Chimenti
08-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Sorry to hear about your misfortune, Charlie. You know I've had it happen 5- or 6-times in my life and half of them have been at Star Bend. I have an 88' chevy 4x beater with great air conditioning, plenty of power, posi, loud, rugged mud and snows, and an engine with 180,000 miles on it (The truck has about 420,000.) She's kinda rough lookin, but she gets the job done and there is nothing in her worth stealing or dismanteling. But then you get this and you know the guy was so "hopped up" he probably couldn't think straight and maybe it was good you were up-river with the right insurance. Some real crazees out there.

I hope the next one takes you for a little ride. I'm hitting salmon tomorrow.

Tracy

Jay Murakoshi
08-11-2010, 10:58 AM
Charlie,

Sorry to hear about the window but I have a question... Does the broken window go with the crease in the door :-)

Jay

Charlie Gonzales
08-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Well at least the broken window didnt get me $30 per person!

BigOkieWhiteBoy916
08-11-2010, 01:14 PM
Well that fact that the window was broken but nothing was taken points to someone being jealous of Bills catch. I don't like to point fingers, but *cough "Ed Wahl" *cough. :D

Nice Fish Bill and Charlie! Kinda sucks getting a window broken, but that fish kinda makes up for it.

Jgoding
08-11-2010, 02:52 PM
Nice fish Charlie/Bill. Sorry about the window too.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-11-2010, 10:11 PM
Wow..........................that is one heathly looking Striper.

fishbyfly
08-12-2010, 08:39 AM
question... Does the broken window go with the crease in the door.

Wow, great fish!, Rossmore has been harsh on your truck this year.
Thanks for a great first, (of many to come) float(s) down the AR.

Tim - Fresno