PDA

View Full Version : Fund Raising Raffle

Jay Murakoshi
08-09-2010, 09:33 AM
With Bill's permission I have posted a flyer for a fund raiser that I'm doing for the orphanage in La Paz. I have been doing fund raising events like this for the past 10 years. There are many children in there who have been abandoned by their parents or who are in jail and have no other relatives who want them.

Here's a chance to win a weeks fishing in La Paz. The flyer says it all. I had 500 tickets printed and to date, I have sold around 150 tickets. There will be a few other raffle prizes like fly rods, both salt water and fresh water, a couple reels, fly lines, subscriptions to fly fishing magazines, salt water hooks, a couple kits from Clear Cure Goo Co and other raffle prizes.

Tickets are $20.00 each and the winner will be announced in January 2011. Need not be present to win. If you are the lucky winner and have already booked a trip with me in 2011, your deposit will be refunded in full. If you haven't booked a trip for the 2011 season and are thinking about it, I recommend booking a week and paying your deposit. The weeks in May and the first two weeks in June are booking fast. Then, if you are the lucky winner, your deposit will also be refunded.

If you're interested in purchasing some tickets, send me an email or better yet send me a check for the number of tickets you'd like to purchase.

Jay

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/jaysflies/RaffeflyerRevised.jpg

Darian
08-10-2010, 09:06 AM
This is really a great value. Where else are able to get a chance at a week long trip to one of the best saltwater fly fishing destinations for $20.00 :question: Plus there're additional prizes and all of the proceeds go to the orphanage (no overhead deducted).

Hope you'll all participate....

bcarson4374
08-11-2010, 06:45 AM
Good Cause Jay-

Ill be picking up a couple of tickets.

Thanks.
B

Jay Murakoshi
08-11-2010, 08:35 AM
B,

Good luck and thanks for your interest.

Hope to see you in La Paz

Jay

Jay Murakoshi
08-16-2010, 10:48 AM
Here's an update on the raffle....

Tickets sales are slow... since i started the sales, there has only been 71 tickets sold. I have distributed 185 and so far no returns. I definitely won't hit the 500 ticket sales muchless the 250 ticket sales.

So that means those who have purchased the tickets have a real good chance on the Baja trip and other prizes.

Jay