PDA

View Full Version : Upper Sac.8-6-10 "HOT!"

cadisaction
08-08-2010, 10:17 AM
HOT HOT HOT!!! and the fishing was pretty good too. Just about died oh heat prostitution! (Got used by the sun) It must have been 95 degrees but it felt like 120! Fished Gibson on Fri. got a nice fish (17") downstream of the lower overpass. kept fishing the same slot till I got pierced in the arm by "the dark lord" on a errant roll cast. Moved upstream hooked up on three more smaller fish in a super short /fast moving (highly aireated) pocket maybe a 3 second drift. don't overlook the water that doesn't look so fishable. Sat. we fished Lamoine got 4 really nice fish (16"-19") off a rock outcropping above a giant pool about a 1/4 mile downstream of the dirt walk in. Everything happened before 2pm.till the heat drove us off. Now's the time to go, only saw a couple other anglers. Minus the heat a great time.

GoldenStone
08-23-2010, 12:41 PM
My cousin took his toddler grandson to get him some planted bows. But there were none. He then heard that they are planting that year and fishing even for wild trout was down because folks are keeping those. Anyone know about this?

Craig Nielsen
08-23-2010, 02:27 PM
Goldenstone:
The DFG has limited much of it's planting this season pending Environmental Impact Reports. The Upper McCloud for example has not been planted and most sizable wild fish have been harvested as a result.
Planting on the Upper Sacramento River has resumed. The most recent planting schedule for the Mount Shasta Area can be found at: http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fish/Hatcheries/FishPlanting/Northern.asp. I hope this helps.