PDA

View Full Version : Yosemite: Lodging outside park?

BobVP
08-06-2010, 10:37 AM
My Belgian cousins just informed me they are coming and want to visit Yosemite. Too late for reservations inside the park I am hoping to find a place they can stay near the park. North or south entrance may be workable but they will be going there from SF.
Two adults, two teens.
Thanks,

Robert

albchen
08-06-2010, 03:38 PM
Hi Robert,

You can try the Evergreen Lodge (www.evergreenlodge.com). It's just outside of the North Entrance. Very nice accomodations. If they flyfish, there's a nice stream that you cross getting to the lodge...some nice sized trout there.

Another option is to check craigslist. There are a lot of vacation rentals around Pine Mountain Lake and Groveland.

Best regards,
Albchen

Steelie-Stalker
08-07-2010, 11:23 PM
theres a lodge called the cedar lodge just outside the park on the 140 entrance (west entrance i think) its just across the street from the merced river and theres access all along the highway that follows it. Not sure about how popular it is but its worth a look

royewest
08-08-2010, 12:01 AM
About two years ago I spent a night in a motel in El Portal, after failing to climb Mt. Dana the day after driving up from the Bay Area. I've tried to dig up the name, but have lost track of it. It's in the strip just NE of the main drag of El Portal, where there are hotels SW of the road next to the river, and I stayed in the SW-most spot. I can see it on Google Maps but can't seem to extract its name.

It was inexpensive, clean, and comfortable -- if bizarrely anonymous adjacent to paradise. To keep reality honest, a black bear worked the trash cans on each of the 3 or 4 floors, adjacent to the stairwell in the early evening. The staff was unimpressed when I called to let them know.

epzamora
08-08-2010, 01:57 AM
check out the yosemite bug near midpines on HWY 140. popular with the european crowd i think: http://www.yosemitebug.com/

eric
fresno, ca.

BobVP
08-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Thank you all for the input.

Robert